The Aviators: Season FOUR (1080p HD)
The Aviators is an award-winning weekly TV series featuring interesting people, the latest aircraft, the coolest technology and the best fly-in destinations. It’s action, intensity, and adrenalin mixed with education, entertainment, and beauty. The Aviators is all-things aviation – for everyone who has ever gazed skyward.
- FLS Microjet: This spunky little jet weighs in at a mere 400 pounds! We profile this incredible (and tiny) aircraft and its full-sized pilot.
SR-71: Blackbird pilot Terry Pappas tells us what its like to be one of just 478 people who have flown this stealthy Strategic Reconnaissance aircraft.
Sean D. Tucker: We get to know the man behind the famous red Oracle plane and watch his death-defying aerobatics up close.
- Zenith 801: No runway? No problem! We challenge the limits faced in the world of bush flying in this amazing utilitarian aircraft.
Legacy Flight: A tribute to our flying heroes, past and present.
ILS Testing: The Instrument Landing System (ILS) is a precise system used to help planes land almost blind. We do some extreme flying in a CRJ-200 to test the system.
- Float Planes: An introduction to the world of seaplanes.
Buying an Aircraft: Ever wondered how to actually buy an airplane?
Aircraft Boneyard: With over 4,200 aircraft, sure the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (AMARG) is a “Boneyard” but it’s also so much more.
- Civil Air Patrol: We participate in a search and rescue exercise with CAP members and cadets.
AWACS: We take an exclusive inside look at the Air Force’s eyes in the skies: the Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) E-3 Sentry.
B-17: Kurtis looks at the historic Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress.
- Radial Engines: Anthony learns about the one-of a-kind sound and look of radial engines.
Aerial Refueling: In-air refueling brings new meaning to the term “close flight” as we profile the KC-135 Stratotanker and its crew.
- Cobra: We take you aboard this two-bladed single engine attack helicopter formerly used by the United States Army.
Team AeroDynamix: No other air show act in the world puts as many aircraft in the air at one time than Team AeroDynamix. We take you flying with them.
Tank Killer: We profile the A-10 Thunderbolt II, the tank-killer more commonly known as the Warthog.
- Landings: Takeoffs are optional, but landings are mandatory! Kurtis takes a look at how to land different types of aircraft.
Seabee: Is it a boat or is it a plane? It’s both! We show you the exciting world of Seabees.
Varied Aviation Training: Short or long runways. Controlled or uncontrolled airports. Desert, mountain, or coastal flying. We look at the various ways and places you can learn to fly.
- GlasAir: We go flying in this blazingly fast low-wing, two-seat homebuilt aircraft.
Legend Cub: The Cub is an aviators’ favorite and the Legend Cub is today’s most popular American-manufactured light sport aircraft.
Terminals: How are airport terminals designed? We check out the form and function of terminals from the design of the arrivals and departures areas to how the gates arranged to park aircraft.
- Savannah: We profile this capable and affordable light sport homebuilt aircraft.
Huey: A lot of people may recognize this helicopter from the film “Apocalypse Now”, but this bird has a lot more history than just that.
Formation Flying: Kurtis expands his warbird flying experience and tries his hand at formation flying.
- How to Fly an ILS Approach: Kurtis shows you how to land an aircraft when you can’t see the ground using only your flight instruments.
Airplane Parachutes: Can a parachute strapped to the back of an aircraft really save the lives of it passengers?
777-300ER: We examine the history and showcase the latest variant of the Boeing 777.
- Aircraft Mods: A look at how aerodynamic tweaks can improve performance and increase speed.
Soaring: Anthony tries to keep his cool while flying without the reassuring sound of a roaring engine.
- F-4U Corsair: The WWII fighter made famous by the legendary Greg “Pappy” Boyington.
Aerobatics: Kurtis receives an introduction to Aerobatics. We’ve seen him do a lot this season, but can he master this aviation skill?
- Goodyear Blimp: The Goodyear Blimp is an American icon. But Goodyear is at a transformational point in their history as they revamp the fleet to Zeppelins.
- NEW LOW PRICE!